Since the disease psoriasis is still considered to be incurable, all experts are looking for the most optimal approaches to ensure that at least for a long time to calm the irritated state of the pathology. For this, such means as surgery are already being used, and not just the use of tablets, injections or ointments. To identify the most effective remedy for psoriasis for all patients at once, you still need to conduct a number of studies. Therefore, physicians select each patient for psoriasis treatment individually, in order to minimize side effects and achieve a stable positive result.
Briefly about the disease
Psoriatic ailment ("psoriasis", "scaly lichen") is a disease of an inflammatory non-infectious nature that has characteristic signs and features - poorly tolerated and restrained itching, burning on the skin, swelling with the formation of papules or intense growth of red plaques with suppuration or sulfuric plaque. Both small children and adults are exposed to such misfortune - age characteristics do not play a role here. Finding the causes and their elimination are now in the stage of study, analysis and experiments. Therefore, the use of one or another method of neutralizing psoriasis on the body will always be complex.
Additional Information.When choosing a method of treatment or a drug, they are also always guided by the preferences of the patient, how it is more convenient for him to take the course - by taking drugs orally, applying them outside, or combining methods.
How to treat psoriasis on the body - ointments and medicines?
The selection of the right tools that will really help the patient will largely depend on a number of different features and circumstances.
Doctors will look for the most effective treatment, first of all, focusing on the following points:
- general condition and well-being of the patient;
- the duration of the illness;
- its varieties;
- what is the form of the course of pathology;
- registered (or unregistered) exacerbations;
- what concomitant deviations from the norm of health are present;
- patient's age;
- the presence of illness in his relatives;
- individual characteristics, indicators and parameters of the body.
Most of all, specialists from the field of orthodox (classical) medicine recognize precisely the complex approach to the treatment of this disease. Everything can be applied that, one way or another, helped or helped already those who became much better and for a long time. It is worth highlighting the most basic effective methods of treating psoriasis, psoriatic dermatitis, which consist in a whole set of manipulations and drugs.
So, the doctor will prescribe ointments, medicines or procedures from the following main list of methods:
- Creams - most often belong to the group of the most effective means that are easy to apply. Of these, the most popular:
- almost any options where there is vitamin D in the composition;
- Ointments - are hormonal and non-hormonal. The first options cope faster with the task, but affect the human hormonal background. The latter are less safe in terms of hormones, but they act more slowly.
- Gel substances - well relieve inflammation, remove toxins, can be both special-purpose and universal.
- Therapeutic aerosols, sprays - remarkably block the emergence of new foci, and also serve as an excellent prevention during the period of remission. The main ones are the following:
- with zinc pyrithione;
- Chinese antiseptic (can be used every day).
- Cosmetic, healing, essential and even edible oils soften the skin, serve as a good antioxidant, and some of them are ready to heal wounds quickly (especially sea buckthorn oil).
- Homeopathic direction - always assigned individually.
- Special body care products - shampoos, soaps, milks, lotions.
- Herbal therapy - it can be not only tinctures for drinking or rubbing, lotions, applications, but also baths, the use of herbal extracts in saunas, baths, when the skin is most softened and moisturized.
- Chinese medicine.
- Pills, injections - many options are used and are prescribed strictly by a specialist.
Note!None of the drugs offered for psoriasis is yet able to cure the disease in full and for the rest of your life.
Preparations for psoriasis on the body for different cases
You can also separately note which is better to choose a remedy for psoriasis on the body, its various parts. For example, you can't put cream on your head - that's a fact! Then you should be more careful about the means that the doctor prescribes and stop at the more optimal ones. For legs or arms, there are special approaches to treatment.
How to get rid of the disease on the head?
Gels are excellent for their soothing and cooling effect on overheated sore skin. But most often they use a simple and familiar way - washing your hair with a specialized shampoo.
To do this, you can buy such shampoos:
- Cosmetic, with a healing effect;
- antifungal drugs;
- Baby shampoos.
How to treat irritation on the hands?
For the treatment of nails, the doctor will always prescribe a gel in addition to other drugs - its effect lies in the fact that it is able to gently eliminate the inflammatory process. Essential or medicinal oils perfectly heal wounds and soften the skin, cleansing it.
Pay attention to the following options:
- extract from the series;
- celandine oil;
- for wound healing - sea buckthorn, plantain, tea tree, cumin (black) and others.
We often work with our hands, do something, so they are most often exposed to the external environment. Experts believe that the most effective remedy for psoriasis on the hands is ointments, gels and creams in combination with oils in between taking a special substance. Not only can these psoriasis medications soothe the skin on your hands or joints, but wax baths can also. Now, for this, they even released special devices with medical wax, where the hands are warmed up at a certain temperature (up to 50-60˚С).
Is there a cure for psoriasis on the feet?
Gels are excellent for soothing psoriasis on the legs, not only with skin lesions, but also with affected joints. In addition, the treatment of psoriasis on the feet or knees is much milder if you use the following types of oils:
- tea tree;
- oregano and others.
For reference.Do not forget that the use of various oils, especially essential oils, can cause allergies. Therefore, test each oil on a separate area of the skin before using it.
Effective treatment of psoriasis - 2 radical approaches
Among the latest technologies of medicine are several options for a radical approach to the cure of psoriatic irritation with a lasting effect. Doctors note one such effective treatment - small intestine valve surgery, which can solve problems with good results for several years to come. The second approach is described below.
You can quickly penetrate into the insides of the patient already when the question of solving the very root of the problem is ripe. One of the pathogenic areas where the focus of pathogenic bacteria flares up most of all is the intestines. And where there are a lot of harmful bacteria, a large amount of toxins are formed there, which affect the development of the disease. By cleansing the intestines or having a beneficial effect on it, a large accumulation of pathogenic microflora can be avoided. Such an effective treatment of psoriasis by surgery has not only its creator, but also its own approach and principle.
The famous surgeon - the creator of the technique - achieved excellent results when he began to carry out his operations on patients with psoriasis. The principle of the approach is as follows - if you clean the intestines, and then operate on the small intestine in the area of its valve, restore the valve, then the intestine will more actively perform its cleansing functions of the body. Problems such as small bowel failure or valve dysfunction are often overlooked. Whereas this may be the most important cause of the problem. After all, no matter how much you clean your intestines, if the valve does not cope, then everything is in vain.
In terms of effectiveness, this method now ranks second along with other approaches, after the strongest drugs with long-term effects. There is no need to transplant anyone's skin anywhere, there is no need to scalp plaques either! In terms of terms, the therapeutic effect after the operation occurs within 2-3 months (in rare cases, after 4 months). The body is restored, and the patient can become completely healthy for a period of 4-5 years. If he continues to adhere to strict rules regarding his diet, active lifestyle and other preventive recommendations of doctors, then the recovery time may even increase to 7 years or more.
For reference.Most often, such a plan of operation is now carried out in Germany and Israel by leading specialists from well-known clinics.
Another method that can be considered radical is the exposure of the patient to ultraviolet radiation of a narrow-band beam (311 nm). Doctors call this method "phototherapy". For the procedure, a special device is used - lamps for narrow-band therapy. The whole procedure lasts about 10 minutes (sometimes even less). But it is recommended to do about a dozen such sessions so that the effect is already visible. There are no particular side effects in the treated patients. The result is a stable remission period. Now such lamps are increasingly appearing in clinics, including public ones, which indicates the growing popularity of the method and its growing availability.
Important!This method of treatment for psoriasis shows equally effective results for both people with fair skin and for owners of dark-skinned patients.
What is the best remedy for psoriasis today?
Today, an ointment from a Canadian manufacturer is recognized as one of the innovative drugs for getting rid of such dermatological ailments in patients. The drug is new, doctors persistently pay attention to its careful use, but at the same time, they note a stable effect of the cure. Such a remedy for psoriasis is now rightfully registered as the best of ointments.
The features of the tool are as follows:
- The composition of the preparation is developed on the basis of vitamin D, calcitriol.
- In 85% of the subjects out of a total of 800 people suffering from various types of psoriasis, after 18 weeks of daily use, all manifestations of the disease decreased by 50-70%.
- It has not been tested on children, so until they are 18 years old, they should not use such a remedy.
- The tool continues to undergo its final testing.
- The main warning from the manufacturer is not to:
- being in the sun for too long;
- use the ointment together with diuretics;
- apply to people with a diagnosis of calcium metabolism disorders.
But such a drug removes plaques well, after which there are no spots, darkening or thin scars. The effect after using such a medicine lasts for several years.
Summing up, we can confidently say that the treatment of psoriasis does not have any one panacea for all cases and for all people. Each patient will have an individual approach. The disease has not yet been fully studied so that it would be possible to vaccinate everyone at once, as was once done against smallpox. And, mind you, from smallpox, too, they hiccuped at one time for a long time methods and methods of treatment. The most important and comforting thing is that psoriasis can be suppressed for a while. Sometimes even, with the right approach to therapy, it is possible to prolong remission up to 7 years.